11/30/10


I'm feeling really weird today so sorry if this post makes no sense. Geographer was a little gem that I am pretty happy about. Their ethereal electro-chello pop was inspired by a bout of tragedies that affected lead singer Michael Deni and drove him to song writing. 'Kites' is my favorite so far, but 'Paris' is also a standout track. It's accessible synth rock that is begging for a chiddy bang remix. My tip for this song is to listen to it for the first time on a long road trip. At night. It is a bit sad sounding with the minor key instrumentation, but what isn't these days? What's different though is that it's still refreshing and still has the excitement of a synthesized-breakout-bass-drum-cadence. It's one of my favorite new finds, although there hasn't been too many of late because of the onslaught of homework and work-work.
Also I put up Older Brother' by Pepper Rabbit, with their lo-fi vocals, and catchy melodies. Next is Freelance Whales with 'Starring', that will be slighty familiar sounding, i think of a not so intense Passion Pit, but in a brand new way. Then there is Dr. Dog doing a cover of Architechture in Helsinki's 'Heart It Races'. And of course for the month of December my favorite Christmas Song from Charlie Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment